Microsoft Office with Google Cloud Connect is a deadly combination for collective multiple users experience. The feature highlight is users can simultaneously edit Microsoft Office documents, users can also share and backup too.
The main features are:
- Collaborative Editing – At the same time multiple persons can edit the same document. The person is added as editor. The document is then shared using Gmail. The other persons have to download the document for editing. Any change made by one person will be reflected in all of the collaborators.
- Revision History – This is a very useful feature that avoids cluttering of the same document in multiple names to keep earlier versions. It tracks, manages and synchronizes all the changes made in a document. You can view it from the Settings. You can easily restore to a previous version without changing windows or opening new documents.
- Share a Document – You can share your document with any number of people. You can specify the access level for each person. You can make it public or restricted to a group of people by changing the visibility options.
- Resolving Overlapping Edits – You can easily resolve overlapping edits. If one user has made edits which have not been synchronized, when another user edited the same object, a pop up windows will appear indicating the same.
- Edit Offline – You can make the required changes and synchronize later. This is helpful when you dont have an internet connection or access to internet.
- Syncing to the Cloud – You can synchronize changes from or to the cloud. You can set it at automatic or manual.
Download Google Connect and enhance your Microsoft Office user experience.
Article Authored by Rosemary J Thomas
Author, Rosemary J Thomas, is the Business Development Executive with SupportPRO.
SupportPRO offers 24X7 technical support services to Web hosting companies and service providers.
If you require help, contact SupportPRO Server Admin