This feature can be used to fetch multiple email account using Gmail. If we have multiple email accounts, we can check them all in Gmail. Gmail’s Mail Fetcher feature first imports all your old messages to Gmail and then continues to bring in new messages sent to your other account. We can add up to 5 accounts in Gmail, including Gmail and other email providers.This all works using POP3.
General settings for using this features with Gmail.
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page and select Settings.
3. Click the Accounts tab and locate the Check mail from other accounts (using POP3) section.
4. Click Add a POP3 mail account you own.
5. Enter the full email address of the account from which you would like mail fetched.
6. Click Next Step.
7. In the Password field, enter the password for the email address you provided.
8. Select Port 110 for a POP3 connection. For a secure email connection, use Port 995.
9. Click the check-boxes next to the options that best suit your needs:
Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server
Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
Label incoming messages
Archive incoming messages
10. Click Add Account.